9

Challenge #7

Posted by The Design Experiment on 9:09 PM
Hi Experimenters!

Challenge #7 comes from the mind of Patti!

We use our five senses to fully experience life. Create something that describes these senses. The good, the bad, What you like/dislike about them? Do you have a sense that is more pronounced than the others? I.E. Do you have perfect vision? Do you have a keen sense of smell? Do you have weird taste buds? Let us know!!!


Thanks Patti!

Here are the X Team Layouts!


Can You Smell That?
By Patti

Journaling:For as long as I can
remember, I had a keen
sense of smell. It really didn't
matter what the smell was. It
seemed that I could smell anything.
Sometimes even the faintest smell
that no one else smelled was very
strong to me. There are times when
it would even make me
sick to my stomach because
it was so strong. Not so
good in public bathrooms.
LOL!


Happy Senses
By Leslie

Journaling:

"I love....the feel of hugs and kisses. The smell of puppy breath. The sound of laughter. The taste of chocolate. To see happiness all around.




Cookies
By Kimberly

Journaling:

Touch the warmth
hear the squeals of delight
See the excitement in their eyes
Smell the sweet aroma
Taste the COOKIES


5 Senses
By Kimmi

Kimmi Says:

I made this mini to document my favorite and least favorites of my five senses.

Journaling:

Sight: I love the sight of BB first thing in the morning. I hate the sight of people wastin g their lives away with drugs.
Taste: I love the taste of most foods. I hate cucumbers. I cannot stand the taste of Root Beer.
Sound: I love the sound of the ocean and the sound of little feet pattering throughout the house. I cannot stand the sound of a fork scraping a dinner plate. eek!
Smell: I love the smell of fresh baked cookies and the smell of BB's hair after a bath. I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke.
Touch: I love the feeling of warm towels and tight hugs. Dry, rough skin freaks me out. Sandpaper=ick.



A Musical Ear
By Emily

Journaling:

It's true: It's the talent I'm most proud of. My voice and my musical ear.




Senses
By Collette

Journaling:

It's hard to believe that 15 years have gone by since your birth.
I'll never forget the first time I SAW your little face.
How incredible it was to HEAR your first cry and SMELL your new "baby Skin".
I loved to TOUCH your little fingers and your perfect round face.
Those moments gave me a small TASTE of the young lady you would become.




Who's Got Senses?
By Wendy Reed

Journaling:

I like the smell of skunk,
gross I know, nothing smells
better than something baking in
the oven... I adore
almost anything sweet tasting,
mostly candy...
I hate the sounds of many
things, like the sound of
people eating, ice clanking in
a cup (that’s only a couple
of many)... love the feel of
my puppies fur... and the site
of a gorgeous day!
Sensory Assault
By Jen Jockisch

Journaling:

Every day, I wake up and turn on the news and instantly my entire body goes on alert, it's physical, I can feel it. war, terror, jihad, genocide, murder, polar ice caps, rape, financial crisis, natural disaster, gas crisis. completely assaults all my senses, leaves me feeling like we will never recover, that terrible things are afoot; it's the end of the world as we know it. i'm sure i'm not the only one that feels it, and i'm really scared.



Now it's your turn!

Once you have completed your layout, please leave us a comment with a link to your layout by 7pm PST on Sunday to be eligible to win this RAK:


9 Comments


These are AMAZING creations girls! LOVE what you girls created! xoxo :)
PS...what a RAK!!! AWESOME!
Loves,
K


LOVE everyones designs:)
Way to go DESIGN X girlies!!!


OHHH I LOVE all the creations girls!! FABULOUS work!! :) I wanna win THAT RAK!!


Awesome layouts girlies!!! Love the mix of styles and colors.

Awesome Mini album Kimmi!!!

~Pattister


Amazing layouts! I just found your site and I'm SOOOOO motivated to try some challenges!


What a great challenge, and your layouts are amazing!!


Hi, great challenge!
You can find my layout here:

http://scraproom.blogspot.com/2008/05/senses.html

xx,
Lilian Schneider


This comment has been removed by the author.

I love this challenge!
Mine is here:
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=296913
and here:
http://nbellishmylife.blogspot.com/