6

Challenge #52 Friends

Posted by The Design Experiment on 9:47 PM
Hey Experimenters!

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! This week we're going to explore the friendships we've made in our lives and what they mean to us.

This week's prompt is brought to you by Emily. Your experiment is:

Create a layout based on this quote: "A true friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." -Bernard Meltzer

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
**********************************************************************
This week we have the awesome Norma Kennedy as our Guest Designer.


Bio:

My name is Norma Kennedy.
I like to laugh, create & take pictures.
The problem is I also like to paint, I like to sew, I like to cook and I really, really like to read.
So when I'm not busy doing these things I like spending time with the people I love.
The ones I love are: My AWESOME husband Damien of 14 years & my three FANTASTIC children Cade, Seth & Isabella.
It's my AWESOME hubby who encourages me to not only document our lives but really enables me to be creative. Some days you can find him in my scrap room right along side of me creating a page or 2.
I want to say thanks to "The Design X" girls for asking me to guest design. It is an honor to create along side such fantastic talent.

You can check out more of Norma Kennedy at her blog: http://www.redrediris.blogspot.com/

Thank you Norma for inspiring us this week with your work.
**********************************************************************
Slightly Cracked
By: Norma Kennedy


**********************************************************************
Cracked
By: Rachel Whetzel

Journaling:

(My journaling is on the back of my page because I really wanted the quote and egg picture to carry this one.)
A little over a year ago, I finally found a true friend. I'm so happy that we have become the friends we are... no worries about whether I'm saying something "uncool" or if I'll be judged for being my goofy self... she loves me all the way. She helped me see that I am lovable... even though my whole dozen eggs are totally and ABSOLUTELY cracked.

**Photo credit for the AWESOME cracked egg photo goes to nickwheeleroz used with permission through creative commons.

**********************************************************************
A True Friend
By: Glenda Tkalac

Journaling:

I am so blessed to have a friend like Gay because she totally gets me and thinks & laughs about the same stuff I do. We have reduced each other on numerous occasions to almost wetting our pants! We find something every single day to laugh and talk about and it makes going to work much less painful. I like to think she came into my life for a reason and the reason being that I needed a good friend like her. She has the biggest heart and would do anything for me. I love her like a sister.


**********************************************************************
A True Friend
By: Kristina Kiessig

Journaling:

always there. willing to listen and support one another through the good times and bad. wanting to show up for one another in even the smallest of ways. ever-changing. always friends.


**********************************************************************
Online Girlfriends
By: Mia Caniza

Journaling:

We met through the AMM message boards. We got to know each other through YM. A day is not complete unless I get to chat with them. I will forever be thankful for this online friendship & the joy & laughter it has brought me.


**********************************************************************
Alright Experimenters, let's see your take on this quote. Thanks for playing ... now go Xperiment.

6 Comments


love your layout Mia!!


This was great! I loved being able to do a layout on my best friend.

http://chiaspapercrafting.blogspot.com/2009/07/best-friends-always.html


THANKS u guys....this was a FUN challenge !


Yea...Here's my take on the Challege!! I was so touched by this quote. Chick in my LO is my bff and we had just gotten to a huge fight when I saw te post! This LO help me put things into perspective. Thanks Girls

http://lavitaebella.typepad.com/gethappy/2009/07/outta-this-world.html


wow, still no update on here as to what is happening eh? Emily?? Well for anyone who still comes here it appears that this blog has died. Sorry ladies!


Congrats Norma.LOve you work!And the DTS take are all fantastic!